Friday 20 October 2017

TX2: The Artiste With A Mission


By Perekeme Odon

TX2


Art is not all about pretty things. It is about who we are, what happened to us, and how our lives are affected. That is why a true artist is not one who is inspired, but one who inspires other and Nigerian born TX2 falls in that category.

TX2 can be described as the proverbial sound buster. A talent with a Midas touch that fits into anything he dares. His musical adventure is as enthralling as can be said, and his obvious artistry leaves no one in doubt.

TX2 is one artiste that has been featured by many top acts in various genres of songs including high-life, Hip-hop, Afro and Jazz. He has excelled in all ramifications and believes “Nothing connects to the moment like music. I count on music to bring me back or, more precisely, to bring truth forward. You can tell a lot about my moods from my music”.

TX2
His rendition of the Afro beat single enjoying massive airplay on radio, “Original African Woman”, likened to its originator, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, is simply breath taking and too exceptional to lovers of African music and sound.

TX2, currently on location shooting the video of “Original African Woman” has come a long way to be where he is today and he is evidently the most featured act on the stable of EL-Montage Records, where his influence can be experienced in all the songs. According to TX2 “I love music because it’s the only thing that has not walked away from me when I needed it most. Music is my painkiller and it makes the pain fades”.





No comments:

Post a Comment