Saturday 14 July 2018

CASSANDRA ROWLAND DAZZLES NOLLYWOOD IN 'THE MONITOR'

By Perekeme Odon

Cassandra Rowland
The depth and range of female talent that is coming up in Nollywood is enormously impressive, and they deserve to have killer roles to take on. We are about to hit a real sea change with the kind of movies Nollywood is making, and fast rising filmmaker-cum-actress Onome Cassandra Rowland is up for the challenge.

Cassandra an entrepreneur actress and Mass Communication graduate from Nassarawa State University, Keffi may be far from a household name, but she has always wanted to be in front of camera and television. As a little girl growing up in Kaduna state, she had anticipated of grabbing some leading turns when the time comes. However, her first break as an actor was in 2010, though not a major role, but it was her first real baptism ushering her into Nollywood.

The last of four kids (2 boys and 2girls) as a child would always stage plays with her friends where she would act as Genevieve Nnaji, She highlighted: “As a child I wanted to be an actor, even when other kids would come up with professions like, law, banking, medicine and so on. I always tell them I want to be an actress like Genevieve when I grow up. Genevieve Nnaji remains a phenomenal goddess to me. There is just something special about herself and the way she interprets characters "
Cassandra finally looks ready to explode and making a giant stride in the next few months after a dazzling performance as ‘Jessica in her latest movie. “My latest movie ‘THE MONITOR’ produced and directed by Eazzy Ologe God's Power was a great booster for my acting skills. I played the lead role and acted alongside the eccentric actor Ninalowo Bolanle. It was quite challenging as my first big break to land a lead role and quite tough for me because I was a victim of rape, which led to an unwanted pregnancy. My husband abandoned me after finding out so I had to do a lot of crying.  I am so happy as it boosted my confidence”.


Cassandra Rowland
The Warri South actress loves improvisation and never allows personal issues alter her craft describes her acting style as intentional and thoughtful since she is methodical when learning a new character and likes to entirely internalize and externalize character development and characterization.

She went to talk about what happened on the set of ‘COOKIES POT’ directed by the whimsical actor/director LALA DAPO. “I had family issues and was not in the right frame of mind, but as an actor, you don't bring your personal problems to set because it won’t go down well with the director when he calls his shots. I had to put my personal problems aside, got into character and delivered the role”.
With Director Eazzy Ologe On The Set Of 'The Monitor'
Cassandra who adores factual human angle roles and stories that is captivating and answers topical questions to humanity believes she can change the narrative of how people perceive life by giving hope to humanity with her talent.

She believes the future is very bright, as she has started plan on bringing to live an entertainment talent show to showcase to the world. ” I see myself becoming a big brand in the future.  I have a story to tell the world through filmmaking. So look out world, Cassandra is coming”.

No comments:

Post a Comment